Is it possible to rank the first page on Google overnight? Let’s find out!
If you’re wondering why SEO is everywhere now, it’s because everyone wants to get their website ranked on Google’s front page. In the digital marketing realm, first-page results are hard to attain. Even when utilizing SEO’s best practices, this space is usually disputed by the industry’s biggest companies. Is it even realistic to expect first-page results overnight?
Plan For Consistent Improvement: Not Overnight Success
The problem here is the timeline. It’s quite possible to rank the first page on SERPs, but it does take time for things to reciprocate. Even after you make the improvements, Google has to notice your website changes before giving it any earned domain authority or page ranking.
How Long Does It Usually Take To Start Seeing SEO Results?
There are a lot of factors that go into ranking on first-page SERPs. In fact, there are different kinds of SEO, too. On-page SEO deals with the markup structure, layout, and performance of your website. While off-page SEO focuses on the quality of your backlinks, your competitors’ backlinks, internal linking, directory submissions, and many other factors.
There’s more to SEO than you would think.
Well, absolutely! And that’s not the only reason it takes so long. How much time you spend on it will be determined by the scope of your project, what you intend on accomplishing with the website, and how fast Google notices the improvements. I’ve laid out three of the most important things to consider about SEO.
3 Factors You Should Consider About SEO
- It takes time to research your competitor(s). Depending on your market and niche, analysis can take anywhere from a few weeks to a few months to complete. This can double if you’re in a competitive market. Competitor research should be the bulk of your SEO strategy because knowing where to pivot against your competitor is priceless.
- It also takes time for Google to notice the changes made. Once Google notices that your website is structured and optimized, it still takes additional time for them to award it authority and ranking. Additionally, depending on the kinds of changes you’ve made, it could easily take a few months to see any progress.
- And easily the most important factor, the user – their experience on your website should be in the forefront of your SEO strategy. User behavior will change over time as they get used to navigating your website. If you’ve made a huge overhaul of your website, brace yourself – it could have either a very negative or positive impact on their user experience, depending on how well you did!
Is there anything else I can do to speed up this SEO process?
Unfortunately, there is no magic trick to get instant SEO results. It takes a considerable amount of time, which is why it’s so important to develop a plan right away! Consider the following additional factors that could affect your overall SEO strategy:
- Are the topics and keywords relevant to you?
- Is your content relevant to your keywords?
- When was your website built? Is it time for an upgrade on anything?
- Is your web design complementary to your marketing strategy?
- What’s the average amount of time the user stays on your site?
Can I Just Buy Links?
Those links can and will eventually die off – abandoned on someone’s old WordPress site. Not only that, but Google will most definitely penalize your website for this kind of practice. In addition, the time it takes to build it back up is not worth the hassle. Honest, hard work is the only way you’ll see a sustainable outcome – with anything that is! It’s no different with SEO. Put in hard work, and it will pay off.
What Happens If I Don’t See SEO Results Within A Year?
If you aren’t seeing any results within a year of starting your SEO strategy, I would recommend re-evaluating your strategy. Simply follow Google’s Webmaster Guidelines and you will find it easier than ever to improve your site’s search performance. If you would like more information about best practices, check out this article here.
Before implementing your next SEO strategy, consider all of the variables that go into formulating a client-tailored strategy geared towards their industry or niche, as well as the time it takes Google to notice your improvements and award page ranking and domain authority. If you need a few more ideas, dig into our blog, and you’ll see why digital marketing and SEO are your biggest advantages online in today’s marketplace. Thanks for reading!